NOTE: If you have MT/QA experience or trained in MT by reputed training center, then click here to apply for home transcription, MT, HBT, home-based medical transcriptionist, QA, Editor Jobs. (DO NOT make phone calls to apply for job, which will NOT be answered). Not trained in Medical Transcription? Do NOT worry, just Click Here>
Medical (Home) Transcription Job Requirements (Depending upon company)
Candidates Must be able to use PCs with headset and foot pedal to listen to recordings by physicians and other healthcare professionals dictating a variety of medical reports, such as medico-legal reports, medical letters, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form to the dictator for review and signature, or correction.
Medical Transcription QA/Editor Job Requirements:
>Review MTs work, make corrections as appropriate to the transcriptions as done by the MTs. Capture all the defects in the transcribed reports and make sure that all reports adhere to quality guidelines.
>Assist the MTs in transcription of difficult and challenging files.
>Maintaining specified format of files as per client requirement.
>Handling different work type including Medico-Legal reports, Medical Letters, Clinic Note, History and Physical, Consultation, Progress Note, Follow-up Note, Discharge Summary, Operative Note, and Procedure Note.
>Should be capable of handling multiple accounts and be enthusiastic to work in a fast-paced environment Working on different specializations; Orthopaedics, Rheumatology, Pulmonology, Neuroscience, Cardiology, and OB/GYN, & Psychiatry.
Medical Transcription Job Skill
1. Basic knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, disease processes, signs and symptoms, medications, and laboratory values. Knowledge of specialty (or specialties) as appropriate.
2. Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices.
3. Proven skills in English usage, grammar, punctuation, style, and editing.
4. Ability to use designated professional reference materials.
5. Ability to operate word processing equipment, dictation and transcription equipment, and other equipment as specified.
6. Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
7. Ability to concentrate.
8. Excellent listening skills.
9. Excellent eye, hand, and auditory coordination.
10. Ability to understand and apply relevant legal concepts (e.g., confidentiality).
11. Knows how to operate dictation and transcription equipment and troubleshoots problems
12. Develops and administers procedures for correction of transcribed medical documents
13. Ensures compliance with facility's confidentiality and release of information policies and procedures
14. Recognizes, interprets, and evaluates inconsistencies, discrepancies, and inaccuracies in medical dictation, and appropriately clarifies and/or reports them
Medical Transcription Job Key responsibility
>Reaching daily target of assigned lines or minutes, in fact achieving more than target.
>Achieving file accuracy of 98.5% and above.
>Achieving monthly target well in advance and hence capable of doing more lines.
>Uploading the file before its TAT.
>Ability to understand and comprehend Australian and American Accents and idioms
>Good experience in Medical Transcription is Mandatory.
Medical Transcription Job Incentives:
Best in industry salary with fixed and incentivized variable component
Benefits of allowances Food, travel and health insurance
Day only shifts no night shifts All employees get a good work life balance
Career progression plan for star performers.